Custom Action Icons

Hey guys,

Just wondering if their is anything in the pipeline for custom Action icons? (Behavior>Actions>Appearance>Action icon)

Even being able to use custom text with a max of 3 characters or something would be cool.

Thanks all

-Chris

Status Under Review
41 7 1,362
7 Comments
Jeremy_Taylor
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

This is a great suggestion!

I would love to see numbers added. Perhaps 1 through to 20.

I’m currently trying to add an action which adds certain amount of days to a follow up and a graphic with the days would be perfect.

I guess I could just add a dummy field to do this with an ENUM list and then use a switch as a work around.

csmedberg
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I would also like to see an option to quickly create an icon with a certain number of characters. This would make sense for my situation as may of our actions open up forms which have names like: "SOC", "HOLD", "MQ", etc. 

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

mateo
Silver 3
Silver 3

Anything changed in this area? It would be really, really cool!

JPAlpano
Silver 4
Silver 4

Would be great if we can just use the icon names in Google's own Material Icons page from fonts.google.com.

For example, in the download page of the airplane ticket material icon, it says

JPAlpano_0-1659150367094.png

So, in the UX>Display>Icon or Behavior>Appearance>Action icon, we can just type the icon name airplane_ticket or the Code point  efd9. (See below).

JPAlpano_1-1659150556722.pngJPAlpano_2-1659150578677.png

I'm hoping that since AppSheet is also from Google, maybe it would be easy to integrate?
Maybe AppSheet can just simply pull icons from Google Fonts instead of having to separately maintain its own set of icons.

What do you think, @Arthur_Rallu ?  😄

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

davehocking
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

+1 to custom icons for actions