Custom App Logo not appearing on iOS shortcut

Need help, I have a Custom App Logo for my application, when trying to install the shortcut on iPhone, the logo is not showing up. It’s showing up fine on android.

I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference. Thank you!

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

i have the exact same problem.

Same problem here - even a logo I have successfully used before for an AppSheet app no longer works. I see exactly the same screen as nathanbarcial has posted

Same problem here. Something changed in the past few weeks as before then this worked no issue.

This post may be related as well:

appsheet does not respond…

do you have any luck with appsheet? i don’t. lost hope.

have u had any luck getting a proper repsonse from Appsheet? i dont.

No response from support yet. I have not been able to figure out how to solve. Seems to happen only for some of my apps when I use an icon from google drive. Png vs JPEG did not matter and some of my apps upload the “brand” icon from gdrive and create shortcuts without issue. Very strange.

1 Like

I have the same experience trying to make it work – wasting so much time, without success. That is all the more frustrating that Appsheet does not provide any info on the problem when the problem would appear to affect so many.

AppSheet Creator Community appsheet@discoursemail.com

1 Like

I´ve experienced exactly the same issue few weeks ago in IOS devices.
Now, in addition, since 11Apr, my change logo buttton is blocked.
I´ve opened an incident to the support team.
Waiting for the resolution of this annoying problem.

1 Like

Developers are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I encourage anyone affected by the problem to notify support@appsheet.com so they have an idea of the impact.

A fix was deployed yesterday. Please let us know if you’re still seeing the same issue.
Thank you

3 Likes

@Arthur_Rallu - it’s working again for me. Thanks for resolving the issue!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.
Usually we post this in the Feature Release Notes, but it seems it didn’t make it for some reason.

1 Like

It appears that only the logo part of this issue has been fixed. My users still cannot install a shortcut on an IPhone. I must turn off the menu (hamburger menu) for many of my simple apps to prevent users clicking Gallery and being sent out of the app. This is a critical feature for us.

I was told by Appsheet support that Add Shortcut in the menu is the only way to add a shortcut with iPhone. Of course for many years users had no problem adding an iPhone shortcut thru Appsheet’s automated method, just like what was and still is available for Android phones.

This is the number one service issue I have with my user base! Please fix this issue. Please at least recognize this issue, as it must be a problem for many of us.

Bob

Attn @Arthur_Rallu

Hi @Bob_Haizmann
We had focused on the logo. I re-read this thread and am guessing that you’re referring to the thread mentioned by Mike.

You’re mentioning two issues, but that are linked for your users. The first one is that you don’t want your users to access the ‘App Gallery’. The second is that the user flow to add a shortcut to the app on iOS is not simple enough and actually is worse than it used to.

For the first issue, we cannot simply let app creators turn off that feature. If a user is invited to use 2 apps by 2 different app creators and they did not add a shortcut to both apps, then they will not be able to switch between the 2 apps. If you want your users to really see your app and only your app, you should consider a white-labeled app as they don’t have the “App Gallery” button. (start here with whitelabeled apps).

The new experience to add an app shortcut on iOS is less than ideal. The implementation to add a new app shortcut is different on iOS and Android, but the experience was the same in the past. To be compliant within Google, we had to make some changes and that did not let us keep the same user experience on both iOS and Android. We’re not satisfied with that either, but we can’t do more than that at the moment.
I also notice that the instructions to add a shortcut is not up-to-date in our doc, so that’s an action item on our side.

Note that when you whitelabel your app, your users download your app and issues about installing a shortcut are then irrelevant.

I hope this helps.
Arthur

2 Likes