Custom Data entry format

I am having a frustration with entering a complex serial number for my products. The products have a multi-segment string that is made up of letters and number with dashes in between. EG: HSUT-Q2898-1020-010119-SP

I have been entering the data as one string, but the iphone really loves to autocorrect my entries and turns HSUT in to other words unless I am very careful to override the autocorrection. The first segment has about 15 different value possibilities that I would rather handle with a dropdown list. The second normally begins with Q but can sometimes have a different letter so Iโ€™d rather have that as a default value of Q. The numbers after Q are serialized and unique. The 1020 is a size. The 010119 is a date. The last letters are a siding option. There are about 15 different options for the last letters.

With all that said is there a way to format a form where all of these parts of the info are on one line in the UX and then recombine them into a single spreadsheet field value then the form is submitted?

0 2 387
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thereโ€™s no way to put multiple foretold on the same line of a form.

You could use an expression to reformat the collected data into the desired format for storing, but youโ€™d then have redundant data, as youโ€™d also have to store the unformatted components.

Ok. I can deal with redundant data and then recombine them into a single value in the spreadsheet. Someone needs to work on a widget to create custom data collection.

Top Labels in this Space