Customise filename of uploaded photo with query and georeferencing info

AndyYang
Participant I

Hi everyone,

I have got a site inspection app which has this following structure:

• Job Number containing multiple site inspections
  • each site inspection can contain several photos (to be uploaded by users)
  • each site inspection photo has a column called “LatLong” with location/coordination info supported by “HERE()” query

Now when users upload a site inspection photo taken from mobile device, the photo is stored onto a default folder on dropbox but with a random naming (e.g. 1e95d61f.Photo.030858.jpg) and without GPS info attached on the image.

What I am keen to achieve:
I hope the photo can have a customised naming e.g. “Job No.”-“site inspection reference”-“datetime”.jpg. The other thing is: I want the LatLong /coordinate info can be brought along when it’s save into our dropbox folder so we can check from its property:

3X_5_3_534f6ab02cc4f94ae3a89dd2659a8bfb0bdf7f66.png

I am not sure if items mentioned above are achievable or possible or not?

Some guides and helps are much appreciated

Solved Solved
0 2 1,138
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Based on your this requirement, have tried to suggest a workaround as below. Please explore if it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

File names are created with the row’s key value, and a timestamp of sorts in order to ensure uniqueness. Your only options for customizing the name are if you want to set a certain value for that record’s key value. However you can dynamically customize what folders they are stored it, and the folder names.
3X_4_5_45898ad92d21e71fca69a9f99ca0a3c6eefa1566.png

Appsheet does not provide any means for accessing or updating a file’s metadata in any way.

Based on your this requirement, have tried to suggest a workaround as below. Please explore if it helps.

Top Labels in this Space