Dark Theme Form View no visible

Four years ago after much trial and error we chose Dark Theme, Yellow so we could read the app while working outside in the national forest in the desert sun making reports of trail issues and fixing the issues. But AppSheetโ€™s look has changed and made things worse.

The white text used for viewing previous reports is readable with sun glasses and with the desert sun beating down.
3X_1_4_14cdab8bfa71102a5d69b5bb8a3c60f841b3921c.png

But the Form View gray text used to enter a new report or edit (complete maintenance) is next to impossible to read.
3X_a_4_a4744c0c72dda2a60c98e8a7ed24085f88f949eb.png

How can I edit the Form view font color or work around this problem?

Regards
Bob

2 4 303
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Bob, normally the form inputs should still be white. Are these fields read-only? I think read-only is the only time theyโ€™re intentionally grayed out, but that would also have been the case for the previous UI. Although to your point, itโ€™s still a problem if read-only fields have inadequate contrast.

Yes, these are read only during edit but the headers are grayed out which is a problem.

Hereโ€™s a pic of the form when making a new report with headers grayed out. We cannot see any field names before we choose which entry to make. That is a major issue.

Bob

Weโ€™ve bumped up the brightness of these labels to try to improve the contrast, can you let me know if your users are still having trouble reading it?

I tested your new font brightness- sunny day, using the shade of my body and with sunglasses. It is still difficult to see headers. Can you make the headers of new or editable entries just as bright as the pick lists?

Bob

Top Labels in this Space