Dashboard In my Dashboard View I have a tabl...

Dashboard

In my Dashboard View I have a table view, a detail view and a detail view to the children. The interactive mode is enabled. When I klick on an entry in the Table, the detail view shows up and also the child detail view. Thatโ€™s perfect. But when I search for an entry via the search bar, the child does not appear. --> The Child Detail view stays blank. Is this a bug?

0 5 485
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Does this happen when you choose that record from the table View?

Yes

Harry2

@Fabian Hi Fabian, what is the relationship between the detail view and the โ€œchildโ€ detail view? Does the child detail view show related records of the row in the parent detail view? Also, could you give us the names of the relevant app, views (dashboard view and its sub-views), and tables, so that we can investigate further?

@Harry Please have a look at QualityGate-622224 View: Dashboard.

I search via the search bar and click on a row in the First View โ€œQualityGate_Records Tableโ€. The Detail view of that row shows up in the second view โ€œQualityGate_Records_ordered_Detail 2โ€. But the third view stays blank โ€œQualityGate_Defects_Detail 2โ€. Shouldnโ€™t it show the first child (โ€œdefectโ€) related to the parent (โ€œrecordโ€)? It does so when i click on a row without using the search function.

Harry2

@Fabian Hi Fabian, searching is applied across all views in a dashboard view. As a result, if the search keywords are found in the table view and the parent detail view but not the child detail view, the child detail view will not be displayed in the search result.

Hereโ€™s a quick test to verify this. Suppose you search for the record with serial number 19638030. In the table view and the parent detail view, only the record with this serial number will be displayed. While itโ€™s true that the related defect also has this serial number since the defect table references the record table, the reference column in the defect table is not searchable, and thus the related defect cannot be found using the search keyword. However, if you mark the reference column in the defect table as searchable, the related defect will show up.

Top Labels in this Space