Dashboard Layout Customizations Aren't Being Saved

Hi! I’m experiencing what I’ve seen a few others have reported, but haven’t seen a solution. Dashboards reset to the default arrangement, and customizations (resizing & moving sections) disappear any time I leave the dashboard to go to a different view, or upon login/refresh. Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m seeing it in several desktop browsers and on Safari iOS.

For my app’s purposes, it really makes the dashboard unusable because I need those custom-sized views. If there’s no solution to get the customizations to stick, does anyone have non-dashboard workarounds for getting views of multiple things on one screen?

Thanks!

Presley

@Reza

1 40 2,486
40 REPLIES 40

@Peter, the app is not deployed at the moment, and there is no end-user login functionality. It’s just a dashboard of a four basic tables set to “Wide” - every time I visit the page it’s in the default 2x2 grid.

Presley

How are you visiting the web-app (“page”)?

Are you clicking the preview link above the emulator?
2X_c_c0e3436082274772eeb093a543d43abf607b1d0f.png

Or maybe have it bookmarked?

Both - I am viewing the preview as illustrated above, but also have it installed on two iOS devices via invite.

Now I m experiencing the same issue, on my laptop (windows) as well.
App does not save the custom dashboard layout at all.

Thanks for the update @tsuji_koichi and details @Andrew_Eills, @Presley_Thompson. Opening up a ticket to investigate this, might reach out for more details.

Leave all to your good hands.

I’m experiencing this problem, as well. Using Chrome browser (Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on deployed apps that have been working fine since the adjustable dashboard feature was introduced.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’ve recently been made aware that some app settings are not retained across user logins to the app. If the app is public, or if a user logs out and (another) logs in, I suspect dashboard layout customizations may be lost.

Obviously, storing the user oriented settings saved to browser caches should have issues.

I am experiencing the same issue, has any headway been made on this?

@Trevor_Nelson this was just opened yesterday, and it looks like they’re working on a solution - updates will come here.

I think we’ve identified the problem, you should see updated dashboard behavior in the next couple days. Thanks for the feedback, all.

w00t!

This is Still happening for me across all our PCs in the office and in the plant, extremely annoying. Is anyone else still experiencing this?

Can you look into it?

Thanks,

Hi Jonathan, what browser(s) are you using on those PCs? Also are they permanently logged in as the same or unique users? Any logging in/out throughout the day per user?

They are using the chrome Browser. They are always logged in, but the Email is used for multiple computers which are also logged in.

By logged in, I don’t mean the program is open, but when they click on the bookmark they don’t need to log in again, it keeps them logged in.

There are unique users and there are a few that use the same email.

Only thing I can think of is if using the same email on multiple computers at once is contributing to this, but not sure. If you can detect any pattern there, vs PCs that use unique logins, that would be helpful. Will ask around internally.

Ok, Thank you.

Could you find out if the layout is saved to the cache, or actually saved with the email. I’m saying this, because it should be with cache because Different display sizes use different layouts.

Yeah that’s my expectation, will try to confirm

As far as I remember it is cached to browser.

This appears to be working now, thank you!

@Peter

Yes, I can confirm dashboard layout is retained even after closing tab on browser and reopen the app as well, thank you everyone.

@Peter, I’m not seeing this same dashboard with no ability for panels to be resized. The layout has reverted to a default, and there are no “handles” on the corner to resize them. Has something changed about how these behave?

Thanks!

Presley

@Presley_Thompson Nothing should have changed recently - are you looking at it on a mobile device? If not, what browser are you using?

I’m viewing on iOS - iPhone & iPad. In web browsers it’s fine.

I have a second app where I’m not seeing this issue happen… is there a setting somewhere that may cause that?

Presley

Is there an update on this that I’m missing? This is happening to me and could really use this feature. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE: I walked away for 30 minutes and came back and it has saved. Maybe it was a connectivity issue or something. Nonetheless, it’s working now.

Hello,

Layout of the dashboards is no longer saved …
I tried with Chrome and Edge. This happens on all my apps and on all dashboards.

This happens on every synchronization, for all users and in tablet emulation mode

The application is unusable …

EDIT :

Sometimes (rarely) it works then after two or three synchronizations the position of the panels returns to the default !

Hi All,

Is this being investigated? I have just experienced this for the first time today. Initially I though it was just a problem with Safari but having just refreshed my Chrome browser (with my new deployed App) it has reset the dashboard panes back to defaults.

As @ericjoye says the App is pretty much useless. Hope we can resolve this soon.

Thank you

I too am experiencing this issue and my apps are unusable as a result.

Im sure they are usable.

They are usable in the sense that each view displays the data it is suppose to and performs the basic function they are suppose to, however from a usability standpoint the dashboard is no longer doing what it is intended to do. Anyways the issue is being resolved, a recent change is the culprit and they are reverting back to fix the issue. https://community.appsheet.com/t/dashboard-is-not-resyncing-to-what-views-i-have/35563/3

Ive always had this issue on my end, just keep tweeking my dashboards so my default settings are AAA++ on Par.

5 different pcs, on chrome and edge. None save.

The dashboard settings have not been saved since yesterday, and every time I put them in, they immediately fall out again. When will this be fixed?

TDhers

Thank you Mariano. That seems like a bug possibly. @Adam thoughts?

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. I have an app switcher type view and when I return to a dashboard view from another app the tiles have reset. However if I tap the four tiles button on top, the saved view does return so I’m not sure if this is the intended behavior.

I prefer a different arrangement as the default.

@Peter any thoughts would be appreciated

Experiencing the same issue as everyone else. Setting the tiles to a specific location, size, etc.. always resets. This feature is fairly unusable until this is fixed. 

Any update on this?

Nope.

Hi, do we have an update on this? Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space