Dashboard view for mobile

The dashboard is the coolest feature of appsheets but is not mobile friendly. Apps are designed more and more for mobile use. Why not consider changing it so that when you open a dashboard view on mobile the views within that dashboard view display as buttons on the screen. Similar to a gallery view but a button that you click on to open the view within the dashboard view. Currently the views within the dashboard view are all open when you click on the dashboard which is why you have to scroll. I have been tasked by my company to build a sales field app that is mobile compatible as the location/ GPS function needs to be used .

Status Open
1 9 542
9 Comments
Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Perhaps dashboard is not the proper view for your app?

Aleksi
Staff

@Andrea There is an option called “Use tabs in mobile view” under your Dashboard view’s definition. When that option is set as ON, the mobile view will show tab controls to navigate between views, instead of a vertical scrolling.

Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

Hi @Andrea Maybe you could use a gallery view with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW

Andrea2

Thanks Aleksi, I am trying that.

Andrea2

Yes that could also be an option.

Andrea2

Lynn, could you give me more detail on how to do this. I need to create a Sales Dashboard with different tables, eg, Piple, New Sales, Appointment Calendar and would be so much better if it could display all the views on one screen on the mobile.

Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

Hi @Andrea This App shows example of deep links
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-link-between-different-parts-of-an-app?appGuidString=102df0e...

Also this doc may be helpful

Andrea2

Hi Aleksi. I changed to this view but when I click on the tabs it takes me to the view but I am unable to edit or do anything else. Almost like it becomes a read only view?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager