Dashboard View - Table Design Fix or Workaround?

Tony_Insua
Participant V

Hi AppSheeters (need a better name for this =D),
I have a table view inside a dashboard view and I have some design problems with it.

1. Is there any way to hide the Header bar at the top? I’ve removed the text with display name “” so there is no text but I would like this to be removed all together. It would look way cleaner without it so perhaps an option to hide this in the future?
  2. I’ve turned on “Show overlay actions in dashboards” which results in the + button floating at the top. Is there any way to anchor this at it’s fixed position at the bottom when normally in the Table view?

3X_8_b_8bd081479023bb25e6b90000f94cf9ec0e9bdf40.png

As more entries are included, the + button moves to the bottom.

If you’re wondering why the Dashboard View if it’s just a Table? I have included a Detail View and Another Table View but they disappear after an entry is made. These two additional views are instructional in nature when there is no data in the table yet.

Let me know what you think?

Solved Solved
0 2 553
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tony_Insua
Participant V

I’ve solved the issue based on a previous question I had in the community.

While you cannot hide the Header Bar at the top, you may create TWO views.

1. Dashboard View (shown in the picture above) including multiple views including a table. This has the empty header bar you see above which I want to get rid of.
  2. Table View

Set the Dashboard View to SHOW IF the table is blank (with no entries).

SHOW IF: ISBLANK(SELECT(“Table Name”[EMAIL], [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL() ) )

Then set the Table View to SHOW IF the table is not blank (include an entry). An expression would look like this:

ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(“Table Name”[EMAIL], [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL() )

The dashboard view will disappear once an entry is made and you would be left with the table view which does not include the header bar.

This is a work around to remove the header AND allow the plus button to remain anchored at the bottom.

Hope this makes sense.
Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tony_Insua
Participant V

I’ve solved the issue based on a previous question I had in the community.

While you cannot hide the Header Bar at the top, you may create TWO views.

1. Dashboard View (shown in the picture above) including multiple views including a table. This has the empty header bar you see above which I want to get rid of.
  2. Table View

Set the Dashboard View to SHOW IF the table is blank (with no entries).

SHOW IF: ISBLANK(SELECT(“Table Name”[EMAIL], [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL() ) )

Then set the Table View to SHOW IF the table is not blank (include an entry). An expression would look like this:

ISNOTBLANK(SELECT(“Table Name”[EMAIL], [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL() )

The dashboard view will disappear once an entry is made and you would be left with the table view which does not include the header bar.

This is a work around to remove the header AND allow the plus button to remain anchored at the bottom.

Hope this makes sense.
Cheers

Hi, couldn't make it work. Did this make you get rid on the headers in the dashboard view?

Top Labels in this Space