Data controls for Reports

gioKelly
Participant V

Hi team,

is there a way to add data control to reports? for instance place a Date control, so I can select the date I want the view in the report.

0 7 237
7 REPLIES 7

Can you provide more details?
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.

Hi Phil, something like below image:

Are you saying that you want the user to select a date, then click a button, and have that button click launch the workflow rule that generates the report?

If so, see topic โ€œSending Email from an Action Button and Prompting for More Dataโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961707-workflow

No actually, I mean that the user can select the date and charts automatically reflect data related to the selected date parameter.

@Geovany_Kelly You are probably looking for a dashboard view (possible with the Interactive mode) where the first section is for the date selection. It could be a one field with quick editable value. If you then use a slice for the 2nd section, it could filter the data as you requested. Does it sound a solution you are looking for?

Hey Aleksi,

Yes it sounds like a solution of what I am needing!

Sorry for bother you, but do you have a quick sample about how can I achieve it? Lets say I have this data: Total Sales, per Date, per Employee. I have the timeline chart for that data. And I would like to select a date and the employee (or all of them) so the chart reflects the selected data.

Thanks in advance, Aleksi.

Please send your email to aleksi@appsheet.com and I will try to find a sample.

Top Labels in this Space