Data: Execute an action on a set of rows

Rui

Hi, if someone could help would be awesome!

I´ve got a [Status] column with 6 possible values (for example: A, B, C, D, E, F) and these values change, through actions, from A to B, B to C and so on…everytime a user clicks a button.

I´ve set 5 actions (of type:Data: execute an action on a set of rows😞

Action 1 => Set these columns
Status => [Status] = “B”

**BEHAVIOR**
                    only if this condition is true:  [Status] = "A"

Action 2 => Set these columns
Status => [Status] = “C”

**BEHAVIOR**
                    only if this condition is true:  [Status] = "B"

… and so on…

I´ve started Monday and everything was working just fine, suddenly, since yesterday things are not ok because whenever i click one of those 5 action buttons the result is FALSE in the Status column of the googlesheet.

So, for example if i click action1 button in order to change the value from A to B, i get FALSE.

Thanks,
Rui

0 2 956
2 REPLIES 2

tony1

Hi @Rui. Can you double check the data change actions that you’re using? When you write this:

Status => [Status] = “B”

That looks to me like you’re setting the status to [Status] = "B" which will evaluate to true or false. You probably want to have it just be "B". The “set to this value” part of the action works by evaluating the formula and saving the value to your sheet. So if your formula is [Status] = "B", it’s going to be true or false. If your formula is just "B" then it’s going to write B.

Rui

Tony, you were absolutely right!

Meanwhile, i´ve found out a pretty cool solution in order to create just 1 action instead of 5:

Set these columns
SWITCH([Status], “A”, “B”, “B”, “C”, “C”, “D”, “D”, “E”, “E”, “F”, “”)

BEHAVIOR
only if this condition is true:

IN([Status], LIST(“A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”))

By the way, awesome platform!!

Thanks a lot,
Rui

Top Labels in this Space