DATA: Set the column values of another table using values from this row

Hi!

I would like to request this feature where an action could simply write in another table using values from this row. Currently, we could only use Action Combination (EXECUTE AN ACTION ON A SET OF ROWS => SET THE VALUE OF ANOTHER COLUMN), which requires establishing connections between the target table and the current row. We may achieve table connections by setting stamp values before executing the said action combination, but for field service apps, less syncs is encouraged because the signal may not perform well on field.

I hope this will gain your interest. Thanks

Status Open
3 5 1,043
5 Comments
Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

Hi @Clark_Villocillo There is a new action already that does this. Check out the list of actions.

Clark_Villocill

Hi @Lynn

The new action adds a new row, but does not edit the values of existing rows

TDhers

Thank you Clark for your suggestion. Would you mind giving us a real life example for how you would use such action?
Thank you
Thierry

Clark_Villocill

Hi @TDhers

I am creating a field service app where different field crew (end user) will have to claim specific work from a pool of WORK-TO-DOs. To use the app, the user should claim a work first before proceeding to the location and executing the work.

The part where the requested feature action shall be used in the claiming process. From the WORK-TO-DOs table, the user will choose which one to claim. By pressing the claim button, the app would then write in the USERS table the specific Work ID which the user chooses, alongside its Date & Time. (For first claim - first serve validation within the app)

I hope I was able to explain well.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager