Data validation formula override

Hello, I have a question. I have a complex data validation formula that should check if a row data (“weight”) is in the range that is autocomputed for each product. The formula works fine, but… I would like thar if the validation gives an error but the person using the app considers that the inputed value is correct, he could “override” the validation. Something like to convert the “valid if” value in a “warn”…
I think it could be done adding a new colum to the table but I would like not to add any more columns to my app if possible…

0 4 436
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your only option is to add another column, of type Show. It could be a virtual column, but if virtual, you would then need to use a slice to place the message where you want within your form.

Thank you, Steve. I first thought in a virtual column, it would fullfil my needs (how I want the users to be warned), but… I would need an editable one, and it is impossible… I will keep looking for a beter way to do it, but maybe I just need to aproach the problem just with a red colored format value (for example) if my formula gives “FALSE”…

No you wouldn’t. The virtual column would be in addition to the input column, and used only to display the warning message if appropriate.

Yes, but I would like not only a field displayed message, but also a warning message when the user press the save button, since the form is a bit complex.
Thanks a lot for your help. I think I will try to warn the users with a red colored data in the summary view. Hope it is enough!

Top Labels in this Space