Database MySQL We are planing to switch fro...

Database MySQL

We are planing to switch from Google Sheets to MySQL. I have 2 questions :

1. What are the Pros and Contras of MySQL? Will the App work faster?

2. We now have a Database stored in a Server in America. When we change the Location of the Server to Germany, can we easily change the Server Address in AppSheet or do we have to add a new Source and start with the App from the beginning?

0 4 385
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Fabian The biggest advantage of using a database is that your app will most likely sync faster. The biggest disadvantage is the additional complexity of managing a database.

You should be able to add another database source to your account, and then go into your table definitions and switch over to the new data source (assuming the column structure is the same).

@tony good to know it sync faster when we move to SQL. Even after moving data to SQL, Appsheet will save image file to cloud services. I do have bunch of image files for one app. Regardless of hosting data either spreadsheet or SQL, we have same folder for image files . Moving to SQL , does Appsheet make sync speed faster to display images on app, comparing with case we host text data in google sheet?

tony1

@tsuji_koichi The images themselves will load in your app at the same speed, since theyโ€™re coming from the same cloud storage as before. Only the data values in your tables (i.e. the values in your cells) will load faster.

@tony thanks Tony, for your clarification. All understood.

Top Labels in this Space