Date and Time showing different depending on device used

Hello,

I have recently noticed that for some reason my date and time fields have changed. My times are now showing in a 24hour time on a desktop and a 12 hour time on my mobile. Also the date is showing in mm:dd:yyyy on my desktop and yyyy:mm:dd on my mobile. How do I force appsheet to show date and time in 12 hour time on everything and mm:dd:yyyy in every date or time field?

0 3 237
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The display of dates and times are subject to the deviceโ€™s locale settings. There is no way to force a particular format for Date, DateTime, and Time values.

HELLO,

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

JUST THAT I MANAGED TO FIND A SOLUTION THAT MAYBE NOT SIMPLE, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

THE POSSIBLE WAY TO DO THIS IS TO COLLECT THE DATE AND TIME INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM THE SPREADSHEET CELL USING THE "NOW()" FORMULA.

HOWEVER, THIS FUNCTION NEEDS TO BE RECALCULATED AT LEAST EVERY MINUTE. THEREFORE, YOU MUST CHANGE THE SETTINGS IN THE SPREADSHEET SO THAT IT RECALCULATES EVERY MINUTE.

THE NEXT STEP IS TO CREATE A MACRO THAT COPIES THE INFORMATION FROM THAT CELL THAT CONTAINS THE FORMULA "NOW" AND PASTE JUST THE TEXT INTO ANOTHER CELL. THIS OTHER CELL WILL BE THE ONE CHOSEN TO BE THE MOMENT'S DATE AND TIME INFORMATION IN YOUR APP.

Take a look at the syntax of Context(), Host and then mix it up with If() host = browser, server or device text(now(), "Syntax")

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107885?hl=en

Top Labels in this Space