Date formats - is it possible to show a date ...

Date formats - is it possible to show a date as ddd dd mmm as in Mon 5 Jul? I have set my spreadsheet to show this.

0 8 528
8 REPLIES 8

@Marlene_Williamson1

=CONCATENATE( IFS( WEEKDAY([Date])=0,โ€œSunโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=1,โ€œMonโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=2,โ€œTueโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=3,โ€œWedโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=4,โ€œThuโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=5,โ€œFriโ€, WEEKDAY([Date])=6,โ€œSatโ€ )," โ€œ, DAY([Date]),โ€ ", IFS( MONTH([Date])=1,โ€œJanโ€, MONTH([Date])=2,โ€œFebโ€, MONTH([Date])=3,โ€œMarโ€, MONTH([Date])=4,โ€œAprโ€, MONTH([Date])=5,โ€œMayโ€, MONTH([Date])=6,โ€œJunโ€, MONTH([Date])=7,โ€œJulโ€, MONTH([Date])=8,โ€œAugโ€, MONTH([Date])=9,โ€œSepโ€, MONTH([Date])=10,โ€œOctโ€, MONTH([Date])=11,โ€œNovโ€, MONTH([Date])=12,โ€œDecโ€ ) )

Thank you so much

@Marlene_Williamson1 youโ€™re welcome

How about the long format?

@Aleksi_Alkio not wanting the year to showโ€ฆ

Gotcha

I am now wanting to use my new day column to group events as in an agenda, but of course, as it is text, it is not grouping in date order. Is there a way around this? I have sorted in Date order but that is within groupings.

Partially solved - put the Day([Date] first in the Concatenate but wonโ€™t be very good at the end of the month.

Top Labels in this Space