Date Picker for Browser

What is the limitation behind including a date picker for browser UI?
Date field on mobile shows a calendar date picker, but this is not the case for the browser (Firefox)

0 6 1,422
6 REPLIES 6

Good question. I also use Firefox, and hate that there is no date-picker. Chrome gets a date-picker though.

Following

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

From a developer:

We adopt whatever is the native mechanism for date picking on each individual browser platform. In other words, if a customer works with a number of different web pages and web apps (built by us or by anyone else) in the same browser, we want their experience to be consistent.

So in other words there isnโ€™t a native date picker for Firefox?
Hmmmโ€ฆ Letโ€™s go do some research. Iโ€™m thinking maybe thereโ€™s some browser extension out there that could help?

http://html5doctor.com/the-woes-of-date-input/

Looks like bad news all around

Ugh, highjack but I'm afraid this is a major problem still.  In Chrome I get the calendar date picker w/ time picker (which is exactly what MUST be used) but on mobile, AppSheet fails to load that, instead opting for the ugo & cumbersome slide up/down month, day, year and hour, minute, second, am/pm selectors (7 options w/o benefit of context!), as if they're rollers on a the world's longest combination bike lock. smh..

Any way to force AppSheet to always give user (regardless of method accessing AppSheet) the correct datetime picker that shows a calendar?

Long-press the roller. It may/should then allow you to type in a value. May depend on your version of Android, though.

Top Labels in this Space