Date year changing to 2001 in details view on interactive dashboard

I have a date field in a table, and when I check the data in the table view the dates are correct, however, in the details view for that table the dates are all changing to the year 2001. Has anyone been experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 7 181
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tables & slices & views oh my!

So hereโ€™s how I bungled thisโ€ฆ

The date column in question was a referenced date from another table. I truncated the year for a separate view as text because we only need to use the month and date for this particular view. So, in the details view I was asking for a date type object without a year, and Iโ€™m assuming because a date object probably defaults to having a year I got 2001.

I fixed it by setting up another VC, this one still referencing the other table for the date but set to TEXT instead of DATE and then using the unmodified DATE in the details view. Things seem to be working as expected now.

Thanks again for rubber ducking with me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Can you post a screenshot or shots demonstrating the inconsistency?

Hereโ€™s the data table:

This is the test data:

And here is the view:

What does the value look like as stored in your spreadsheet? Does it include the full four-digit year?

The value does include the four digit year, yes. I also just cleared the formatting in case something was funky there. Same result.

Iโ€™m afraid I have no idea whatโ€™s going on! Perhaps best to engage support@appsheet.com, as this is likely a bug. Please let us know here what they find!

Will do. Thanks for your help!

Tables & slices & views oh my!

So hereโ€™s how I bungled thisโ€ฆ

The date column in question was a referenced date from another table. I truncated the year for a separate view as text because we only need to use the month and date for this particular view. So, in the details view I was asking for a date type object without a year, and Iโ€™m assuming because a date object probably defaults to having a year I got 2001.

I fixed it by setting up another VC, this one still referencing the other table for the date but set to TEXT instead of DATE and then using the unmodified DATE in the details view. Things seem to be working as expected now.

Thanks again for rubber ducking with me!

Top Labels in this Space