Daylight Savings messing up All Day event

Continuing the discussion from Making an all day event in a google calendar thru appsheet:

After November 1st, its splitting the event over two days. In other words, the all day event is now 11pm to 11pm over two days. It has to due with Daylight Savings, but how can I debug

Solved Solved
0 4 510
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

here is the solution I came up. BUT i would like to know if there is something less clunky. For example, I will have to update this 2 times a year for different daylight savingtimes

start date on calendar will be
IF(AND([start_date] >= โ€œ11/01/20โ€, [start_date] <= โ€œ03/14/21โ€), DATETIME([start_date] + โ€œ001:00:00โ€), DATETIME([start_date]))

end date is
IF(AND([start_date] >= โ€œ11/01/20โ€, [start_date] <= โ€œ03/14/21โ€), DATETIME([start_date] + โ€œ025:00:00โ€), DATETIME([start_date] +1))

ALSO I had switched my start date and end date on my google calendar to just DATE, but had to switch it back to DateTime

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

here is the solution I came up. BUT i would like to know if there is something less clunky. For example, I will have to update this 2 times a year for different daylight savingtimes

start date on calendar will be
IF(AND([start_date] >= โ€œ11/01/20โ€, [start_date] <= โ€œ03/14/21โ€), DATETIME([start_date] + โ€œ001:00:00โ€), DATETIME([start_date]))

end date is
IF(AND([start_date] >= โ€œ11/01/20โ€, [start_date] <= โ€œ03/14/21โ€), DATETIME([start_date] + โ€œ025:00:00โ€), DATETIME([start_date] +1))

ALSO I had switched my start date and end date on my google calendar to just DATE, but had to switch it back to DateTime

BMAP

Iโ€™m also having this Daylight Savings Time issue. GCalendar Daylight Savings Time Issue.

I canโ€™t believe that we have to manually set a DST trap for when we set a Standard Time event โ€œwhileโ€ we are in DST and vice versa. Otherwise we either lose or gain an hour.

PLEASE HELP!!

@Dan_Oliphant Thank you for your workaround. Is this still the best solution you've found, or did you find another way?

Im bumping this because it's coming to that time of the year again when we have Daylight savings coming up.

Still Going from Appsheet to a google calendar after March 26th 2023 it is adding an hour to the events, now as soon as we get past March 26th it won't add that hour on. It does it every year, and to be honest, its an absolute pain.  

Top Labels in this Space