Dear all, in a Hitrogram with a count, how ca...

Dear all, in a Hitrogram with a count, how can I avoid the collumn where the count is 0 ? thanks

0 10 473
10 REPLIES 10

That does look pretty ugly. What is the column type that is being grouped on? If it just a text type, that shouldnโ€™t happen because there will be no rows with 0.

Hello, it is an enum type with Base type =Text. I use a enum to have a list. Thanks for your help!

You could use a slice for that chart and then it wonโ€™t show โ€œblankโ€ records.

Hello, it is base on a slice, and it shows the blank recordsโ€ฆ

Is there any reason why do you want to show them?

I think this is the way Histogram charts behave; I just tested it with the same result; it displays all available options in Enum column on the horizontal axis whether they actually exist in table or not.

In some scenarios you would need to show all possible options, so you would find out which one does not have any data in the table yet; but since this is Histogram and the counting automatically happens inside the chart, you cannot exclude zero values by a slice, unless you just calculate counts yourself in a virtual column where they can be excluded by a slice, and then go with a regular column chart based on that slice.

The problem is that I use 3 group byโ€ฆ

Well, the fact that all those possible values exist in your Enum options means that potentially one day they all could have a non zero count, then how are you going to fit them all in one histogram chart when that happens? Perhaps you might need to add yet another layer of grouping?! Not sure though; just brainstorming.

Usually, if there is an Enum value, the customer wants to see all the values with a zero count as well. On the other hand, if it just a Text field, then the values on the x axis have to generated from the data. That may be a simple way to work around it. Add a virtual column of type Text that just gets the value from the Enum column. And build the histogram on the Text column

perfect !! Thanks a lot !!!

Top Labels in this Space