Dear App sheet team? Just I want to know if ...

Dear App sheet team?

Just I want to know if I created a program as App creator, and I want to let some users to use it, When I deploy should I pay even if I i was the app user, let me explain, App creator and 5 app users, Should I pay for six individuals/month or just five.

Regards, Ahmad Saleh

0 4 392
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ahmad, when you use the app outside of the editor, you also count as a user of the app so a license must be purchased for that use. If the app creator never uses the app outside of the editor, thereโ€™s no need to purchase a license.

@Santiago, Iโ€™ll ask a related question.
I have created an app for a business having a single user (not me), so I purchased 1 license for this app and restricted the access to him.

Being the app creator myself, I donโ€™t need to use the app, but rather to be able to fix/edit it whenever needed. Do i need an additional license for that?

When I try accessing the app with my user to fix a problem, I can access indeed, but the app doesnโ€™t load in the emulator. It shows a message โ€œThe app XXXX did not load successfully. โ€ฆUnable to fetch app definition. Error: app blockedโ€
Is this message normal?
I contacted that user and they are able to access the app indeed.

Thank you

Hi _Excelrati,

It may be that the account that manages the app does have more than 1 user. Can you navigate to the Manage / Monitor page of the app and see how many end users is counting? Using the app outside of the AppSheet editor counts as a user, so youโ€™d need to either use the app exclusively in the editor or purchase a license for that user.

You should also check for other apps in the same account. If you have other apps in the same account each one with distinct users, then you need to have licenses for each distinct user in the account.

The app may be blocked for other reasons. Is there anything else in the message you are getting?

Thanks.

Santiago.

@Santiago

I am still didnโ€™t catch your answer, Again if I was an app creator and need some one to use the app and make deployment, should I pay for me? The plan secure app, standard.

Top Labels in this Space