Dear AppSheet team How can I have numeric key...

Dear AppSheet team How can I have numeric keypad when I use a section with number type? Device is iphone7!

1 10 1,440
10 REPLIES 10

One trick could be, defining the column type as โ€œPhoneโ€ will give you what you want. But in the settings, make it non-diable and non-text_messaging. To my knowledge, you canโ€™t limit keyboard characters for a column.

I think it already is a different keyboard if the column is a Number type. But iOS doesnโ€™t completely eliminate some of the options.

@praveen - any update to the number vs โ€˜regularโ€™ (alphabet & numbers) keyboard if column changes types?

In my app, I need entries for โ€˜current mileageโ€™ (#1) and when the โ€˜next oil changeโ€™ (#2) is to be done. At the end of the app, Iโ€™ve got a virtual column that does the math for when the next oil change is due based on current mileage (#2-#1) and that number is formatted into an email that gets sent to track oil changes. If the column is changed to a โ€˜phoneโ€™ type, then the math breaks, b/c the virtual column doesnโ€™t recognize the โ€˜phone numberโ€™ entered in #1 & #2 as just numbers.

Thoughts anyone??

@Yilmaz_Kandis1 Selam kardeลŸim

Tam olarak ne istediฤŸimi anlatabildim zannedersem! Bir รงรถzรผm yok gibi ฤฐphone da. Ne dersin? Senin bahsettiฤŸin รงรถzรผm ลŸu an iรงin en mantฤฑklฤฑsฤฑ sanki! Translate

@Etwo_Cargo Selam, Praveenโ€™in dediฤŸi gibi aslฤฑnda โ€œNumberโ€ yapฤฑnca sadece rakam klavyesi gรถrmen gerekli ama iOS bazen sorun yapabiliyor.

Appsheet รงok รถzel ve gรผzel bir platform ve neyseki bir iลŸi yapmanฤฑn farklฤฑ yollarฤฑ mevcut. Kolay gelsin. Translate

@praveen Dear Praveen thanks for your support. Actually I have cell which type is barcode. User can put this numbers as manually by that numeric key pad also.

So solution cannot be use as phone type which mr Yฤฑlmaz mentioned. Am I right?

Think that a cell is scan able by barcode type, it must be number and user must it put manually as well. Is it possible?

@Etwo_Cargo you should be able to do a number type, and mark it as scanableโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead Dear Grant, I tested but it is not working. I cannot scan any bar code by phone cam if i change the type from text to number. Also, it is not possible to scan if i change type from text to phone

(non-diable, non-text). Do you have another solution?

Here is the what looks like after change the type from text to number (scan able-true ).

@Yilmaz_Kandis1 Merhaba kardeลŸim, Fromatฤฑ number yada phone yapฤฑnca (senin dediฤŸin gibi aranamayacak, tex edilemeyecek ลŸekilde ayarladฤฑktan sonra) bar code รงalฤฑลŸmฤฑyor. Benim istediฤŸim adam bar code ile numarayฤฑ okutsun ama aynฤฑ zamanda ister ise manuel olarak girebilsin. Manuel gireceฤŸinden klavye numerik olarak gรถrรผnsรผn sadece zira gireceฤŸi 11 hanelik bir rakkam. 11 haney normal klavye ile girmek iลŸkence. Hele gรผnde bu 11 haneli numarayฤฑ 300-500 defa girecek isen (her bir numara unique bu arada). Translate

Top Labels in this Space