Dear community Log in on I phone. One user ...

Dear community

One user (i phone) is complaining he is required to sign in all the time when they open up app. Assuming this might be I phone setting related issue? as I m not asked to sign in again unless i log out explicitly?

Any thought?

0 9 472
9 REPLIES 9

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi Hi, could you give us more details so that we can investigate the problem? Specifically, what was the storage provider that the user was signing in with (Google, Office 365, etc.)? Did the problem only occur to this user or other users as well? Did the problem occur only on iPhones or in Android devices and browsers as well? What was the iOS version that the user was using?

Harry2

Adding @Brian_Sabino

We believe this is related to free storage space on the device.

Can you check with that user and see how much space they have available?

@Harry Hi now user claim differently. He is all the time being asked to log in user if (office 365 twice whenever he attempt to log in. This happen on his I phone and desktop both. Any idea?

All the data is sitting in my g suite drive, google sheet, in the meantime.

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi Iโ€™m a bit confused. Is the app using data from Office 365 or Google, or does it use spreadsheets stored in both providers? Also, could you give me the name of the app and the account ID of the affected user?

@Harry

App is using data (spreadsheet) on my Google account.

User are using their own Office 365 account for credential.

None of data is sitting in their Office 365 environment.

App detail is here. MOSM_Ship_Inspection-539559

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi Currently the only authentication provider in your account is Google, and your app also only uses data from Google sheet. This means that your users should sign in with Google instead of Office 365. If they were automatically redirected to the Office sign-in page, then that sounds like a bug. Could you ask your users what exact steps that they took which produced the error? A couple of screenshots showing the steps would be very helpful. Also, could you give me the email accounts that the users were trying to sign in with? Thank you.

Thank you for your advice. I noticed this user was using Firefox instead of Chrome. Asked to change browser, now it appears the issue is gone with him, he is now required to enter credential only once.

I concluded it might be browser as root cause, might be?

Harry2

@tsuji_koichi We have had reports of users getting stuck in a sign-in loop with Office 365 or OneDrive. These incidents appear to be intermittent and usually do not last. We are still looking into this.

Regarding my earlier comment about signing into an app that uses data from Google with an Office 365 account, I believe I was giving you incorrect information. Hereโ€™s the correct answer: each table in your app has a setting called โ€œAccess modeโ€, which can be toggled between โ€œas app creatorโ€ or โ€œas app userโ€. When the app user accesses the tableโ€™s data as the app creator, they will use your own Google credentials to access spreadsheets in your own GDrive. In other words, you are โ€œlendingโ€ them your credentials so that they can view and work on your data on your behalf. Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s possible for your users to sign into your app using Office 365 accounts even though your app uses data from Google.

However, if the app user accesses the appโ€™s data as themselves (as app user), they will need to use their own credentials, which means that you must either share your spreadsheets with them directly, or they must be the owner of the spreadsheet. In this case, because the user must have direct access to the spreadsheet, they must sign in using a Google account in order to use the app.

Top Labels in this Space