Dear Experts, I have two tables. Operators an...

Dear Experts, I have two tables. Operators and Daily Status. Operators table, having their id, name etc. Daily Status having their status like “Working”, “Standby”, “Vacation” etc., on daily basis. Operators are around 500 numbers. The question will be… is there any option to copy yesterday status, so that I can change their today status, wherever required. otherwise, I have add 500 rows again for next day?

Any idea please?

Thanks.

0 5 302
5 REPLIES 5

So you have 500 operators and one related table where every operators need to fill the daily status day by day. Now you want to copy the last daily record for all operators automatically? Is that the goal?

How about in the Daily Status table you simply record {[Key],[Status], [OperatorID],[Timestamp]}

Then you only have to enter a new row when an Operator’s status changes. Why do you need that monster table with a daily status of each operator? You can lookup the current status of any operator on any day using that simpler data structure. You could generate the larger table you need using Sheet formulas if you needed it.

@Aleksi_Alkio Not Exactly…We don’t want operators to fill the data. we have a operations coordinator who update their status, as he knows their daily status. Yes. I want to copy the last daily status records for all operators automatically for next day/date. and then the coordinator will change the status, if required. because the operator status will change daily, weekly, monthly or some times yearly. Can you please advise how should it be done? Thanks.

@David_Ackling-Jones having two tables. one is master table contains operator id, name, nationality etc., another one is status table contains date, operator id and status. However, still i need to copy last 500 operator records for next day to update their status… Hope you understand my problem.

@Sarens_Nass_Middle_E I think I get it but let me know: you want the status of each operator to be updated only if needed on a daily basis. And you have a spreadsheet that you need to duplicate each person’s status on every day. My advice is don’t do that. Have a simpler normalised data structure. You can automatically generate the monster spreadsheet in a variety of ways.

Top Labels in this Space