Dear team Need to have an App for Inspection...

Dear team

Need to have an App for Inspection process, contains no. of questions. For each questions, there must be multiple findings, each finding should have photo, one more field to be filled by maintenance team.

I know by having two tables one for master inspection and another one for all observations. but that one is not practicable. The inspection team should give their findings question by question.

Any ideas please?

0 32 742
32 REPLIES 32

Iโ€™d have it all on the one table and use the slice ability to divide and filter into two different views. The first one being a form and the second a detail view with a quick edit on the field that needs an entry afterwards.

Thanks Mark. But, the detailed one is not predictable. For instance, one of the inspection check point is โ€œCheck / Change all Air Filtersโ€. In this case, we dont know how many filters to be changed. We have take photos of each and make comment and finally it become a tasks to be followed by maintenance.

@John_Henry_Joseph sorry I donโ€™t understand the issue. You can make quickedit available for as many columns as you want. Or you can filter what the second group sees with a slice and use a second form view that opens from an edit action.

@John_Henry_Joseph are you able to post a sample screen shot of what you have done so far and describe what you want it to do that it isnโ€™t?

Unfortunately, i could not able to express my requirements. I am talking about parent child concept. Lets take another simple example. I have a question. The answer may be โ€œOKโ€ โ€œNOT OKโ€. If not NOT OK, the user may raise multiple observations, categorized as Minor, Major and assigned to whom, fix the deadline and their comments.

Am i clear here?

@John_Henry_Joseph Ok, I would have an Enum column of Ok, Not Ok.

Then the next columns will have a show if value. Have them only show when the other column = Not Ok.

โ€œEnumโ€ type is ck for me. But i should able to add tasks if not okโ€ฆ

So the questions are just a column in another table.

You just put TableName[ColumnName] in the Valid_If box to get a list to choose from.

To ensure they are all filled we simply list the questions completed in order of question number.

So if 26 is missing, you can see it.

So if youโ€™re doing it that way, you canโ€™t have a valid if in respect to adding rows.

What you can do though would be to create a UX rule to colour all the rows in red for example if a particular job didnโ€™t have all questions answered

Misunderstood. let see stop by step. 1. One table having list of questions for different type of equipment (Question Table) 2. Another table for Inspection header (date, which equipment, inspector, place etc.,) 3. Another table for inspection for the above โ€œinspection headerโ€. Here i can show the questions that match for that equipment type. 4. Another table for observations for the above โ€œQuestionโ€ if not ok. Now the problem is

• Step no. 3, i want to show the list of questions which is not attended for this inspection. that will be easy for inspector. Hope you understand my problem.

@Simon_Robinson Please see the data structure. Inspection Template - list of questions for different equipment type Inspection Header - master record for each inspection Inspection Checklist - shows questions for the above inspection Observations - tasks to be created if any problem in that particular question / checkpoint.

Ok, do you ever need to select the same question from Inspection Template twice?

Or is it ever only the same question once per Inspection Header?

@Simon_Robinson the question should be selected one time only for each inspection.

Iโ€™d create a valid_if as I described above but one where it only lists questions youโ€™ve not already recorded.

Something like this in โ€˜Inspection Checklist[Question]โ€™:

Select(Inspection Template[Question],IN([Question],Select(Inspection Checklist[Question],[Inspection Header ID]=[_ThisRow].[Inspection Header ID])))

Assumes you have a column called โ€˜Inspection Checklist[Inspection Header ID]โ€™ which is your key column got that table.

Let me know if you need this breaking down

In fact we needed a NOT in here:

Select(Inspection Template[Question],NOT(IN([Question],Select(Inspection Checklist[Question],[Inspection Header ID]=[_ThisRow].[Inspection Header ID]))))

@Simon_Robinson Got a error message as "Unable to find table โ€œINโ€โ€ฆ

No Mr. Markโ€ฆ thatโ€™s the problem actually. The tasks should be as rows.

@Simon_Robinson Dear Mr. Simonโ€ฆ Your expression is working greatโ€ฆ its my fault that i missed โ€œ(โ€ nearby โ€œINโ€ operator. Thanks lot Mr. Simon for your great timely help.

@Simon_Robinson One more advise please. If one checkpoint is not ok, the user should update the deficiencies found in another child table. How system gives alert if checkpoint is โ€œNOTOKโ€ but without any deficiencies and try to save the record?

Can you please advise me?

You canโ€™t enforce the user having to do something with a subtable.

Your only 2 options are either move the deficiencies to the same table.

Or create a rule that you canโ€™t create a deficiency in a subtable unless all previous checkpoints have a deficiency.

Thanks Mr. Simon.

@John_Henry_Joseph yeah so each task column needs the show if rule added.

You do this in the data section under the column tab.

Edit the column(of the tasks) and in the show if section put =[your Enum column]=โ€œNot OKโ€

Does that make sense?

The tasks canโ€™t be in column. Itโ€™s the input from technician. What I try to sayโ€ฆ These tasks are Rows which associated with due date category etc etc

The task headings will need to be in a column right?

@Simon_Robinson I am following your advice that having a table contains set of Questions or Checks, which are pulled during inspection by Dropdown. Now i need to show / filter those questions / checks, which are not attended. How to write expression in ValidIf? please help me out.

@Simon_Robinson This is my original expression โ€ฆ SELECT(INSPECTION TEMPLATE[Checkpoint], NOT(IN[Checkpoint], SELECT(INSPECTION CHECKLIST[Checkpoint], [Inspection Code] = [_THISROW].[Inspection Code])))

Sorry then I canโ€™t help you. As what it seems you are trying to do is not really possible to my logic.

To me a row needs to be unique to every other row like a customer or the item that needs maintenance.

Columns to me are all the possible situations/tasks that the unique item/job/customer could need.

If your app wonโ€™t work in this manner I wish you good luck in finding a solution, sorry I couldnโ€™t have been any help.

Thanks for your efforts

Still I am looking for a solutionโ€ฆ

@Aleksi_Alkio Can you help me out in this regard pleaseโ€ฆ

Soโ€ฆ we just have done something similar for a client who inspects buildings for fire safety.

The format we have for him is the main table is Job, and the subtable is Defects.

Weโ€™ve done it this way because no one knows how many defects there might be on each job.

Each defect contains about 10 bits of information he can add such as

[Question] [Location]

[Pic 1] [Pic 2] [Pic 3] etc

In his case Location pulled from a list of known locations for this job.

Question is pulled from a list of 100 questions in another table because he needs to ensure he has answered all questions even if its just to say everything is fine.

Hope this helps

@Simon_Robinson Great Mr. Simon. This is what i have been looking for. But tell me one thing. As you said, the questions are pulled from another table, how its designed. Whether inspector has to choose from drop down button? or how? how do we ensure they filled all questions? Pleaseโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space