Dear Users, happy time we are collecting Geo ...

Dear Users, happy time we are collecting Geo data (GPS points), we should have a live updated map (location visualization), meant, we we submit form, the points should directly go to the map (google map, GIS online, or google earth), is it possible with Appsheet, if yes, please instruct me? Note: if it is possible with google drive, it would most appreciated.

0 8 369
8 REPLIES 8

If I understood this correctly, yes itโ€™s possible. You need two thingsโ€ฆ you need to create a form with LatLong column type. Then you need to create a map view for that data.

Thank you for your response, but the main issue is the Map, i want to have the map on my drive which could be shared online, then, when i add data (GPS points) via application, it should be added to that map automatically, when i create map view, where that map stored? is it possible to share that map with colleagues?

The map itself is not stored, only GPS points when you save the form.

yes that is the problem, i want to have a map, is there any other way to do this?

Maybe it would be possible with writing a script behind the gSheet.

yes that is right, and unfortunately i have not knowledge of script, script could do this with google fusion table, if any one could help me would be most appreciated.

thank you for your help, yes that is possible via script, and unfortunately i am not script writer and canโ€™t write script, this is the problem that i can not do so.

If it is a smallish number of points, you can probably use a spreadsheet formula to construct a Google Maps UTL from the points captured in your spreadsheet by AppSheet.

See https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/static-maps/intro

Top Labels in this Space