Deck View Spacing I tend to use deck views a...

Deck View Spacing

I tend to use deck views a lot for “quick access” menus which works fine. Frustration is that the spacing seems to be set so that there always appears to be a blank row at the bottom of each record even though there isn’t. Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the spacing thereby removing what appears to be a blank row? See screenshot…

0 12 761
  • UX
12 REPLIES 12

No we can’t modify this. But it would be cool if we could have a modifiable deck view

Okay will have to live with it for now. Have logged this as a feature request, I feel sure it shouldn’t be too hard to amend. To be honest not

sure why a space was incorporated in the first place. User could include a blank column if they want a space.

Yes, that’s pretty much the idea. I like the deck view for menus, just not keen on the blank rows. Also like what Grant said about the possibility of text wrapping in deck view.

Here’s a good illustration of where text wrapping within deck view would be a big bonus. They could view all content without need to go down to detail level.

Well… that space is reserved for actions and that’s why it can be sometimes blank. But I do agree that it could be good functionality if no actions are needed.

I see, that makes a bit more sense. Would be nice if it disappeared if show actions is off.

PS you’ll notice I’m making good use of the alternative way of doing menus that you were kind enough to do sample app to demonstrate. Thanks Aleksi

Also as explanation, the deck view is usually “anchored” with images or thumbnails for better visual recognition. So it is rather uncommon to see deck views without either actions or images.

@praveen I do think it would be cool if we could have some sort of customize-able view… (I’m sure it’s near impossible)

include anchor image or not Include action row Include single row Include multirows, great for wrap text…

Understood and I do have a column for images but have hidden them from the menu deck views. Put simply, I found the images were overpowering and to some degree made the App look less professional. I guess that part of App presentation comes down to personal taste and is very subjective. I’d still like to see an option to remove the blank rows if at all possible. Here’s a similar one with images visible, problem is with long menus only a few items are then visible on normal mobile phones…

I’m with your on this Grant, glad we’re on the same wavelength…

Basically you are looking for a table view but with two rows… the header and description, where it might be quite common usage if that could be bossible. Like… If there are no actions chosen, hide that row.

Top Labels in this Space