Decoding VIN numbers

tony1
4 7 1,408
7 REPLIES 7

This is awesome!

We had done this 1.5 years ago for a client app who was in Automotive business selling Ferrariโ€™s, Volvoโ€™s and Maseratiโ€™s @Aleksi

I know this reply is from a very old post, but VIN decoding using the API from NHTSA is exactly what I need. I'm a beginner with Appsheet and I found the API page for VIN decoding, but I'm unsure of how to make it work with Appsheet. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be amazing

I was looking into a different piece of tech for the API itself, but this GOV one would work just fineโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead
If I remember correctly we had used the same API because the ones that we had found from the internet were paid services. But for the GOV API, I remember there should be a daily rate limit for the API call.

I know this reply is from a very old post, but VIN decoding using the API from NHTSA is exactly what I need. I came across a sample app, but the app is no longer functioning. I'm a beginner with Appsheet and I found the API page for VIN decoding, but I'm unsure of how to make it work with Appsheet. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be amazing

Start with Call Apps Script from an automation - AppSheet Help.  Here's a basic example of how to use Google Apps Script with AppSheet to retrieve data via API for use within an app.

Top Labels in this Space