Deep link on workflow template / linktofilter...

Deep link on workflow template / linktofilteredview to different app.

I have two app, both have common data sources.

On first table for an app, once the user changes the status of column from “hide” to “show”, set of data for this particular rows will appears on the second app.

This change in status from hide to show would trigger workflow to send email to the selected users along with email attachment.

What i would like to do is

• To put URL link on template - This URL link will prompt user to the second app, spotting on the exactly same row with details view.

Putting template variable of <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> will only bring us back to the first app on this case, but i wish to jump to the second app with the same table and row with the same unique ID.

Read document, Column Type App (Deep Links) - Linktofilteredview part, but it appears to be a deeplink to selected view within the same app.

How can we set up template syntax or URL link to jump to the second app on such a case?

0 10 1,209
10 REPLIES 10

@tsuji_koichi

Start with the following expression:

<<CONCATENATE(“ClassAssignments-71626#control=ClassForm&row=”, ENCODEURL([ID Column]))>>

Replace “ClassAssignments-71626” with your app name and account id.

Replace “ClassForm” with the name of the view you want to display.

Replace “[ID Column]” with the key column for your table.

@tsuji_koichi

Try the following expression in the DeepLink property of the Notification workflow rule:

LINKTOROW([Inspection ID], “Unread Inspection Reports 3_Detail”, “ShipInspectionReportViewer-539559”)

@tsuji_koichi

You are looking at the right article but you need to see topic “Navigating to a Specific View of an App” which appears a little lower in that article.

help.appsheet.com - Column Type: App (Deep Links) Column Type: App (Deep Links) help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh thank you Philip, yes I did read this article, exactly the part you mentioned, however unfortunately I could not get the sense out of it…

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Phillip, thank you. I followed your guidance, and i did the same before.

The problem when i receive the email from app is this syntax is showing the “text” rather than URL link.

I change your example syntax over to the one with my app name, view name etc, which returns like this on template i receive on email.

qte ShipInspectionReportViewer-539559#control=Unread Inspection Reports 3_Detail&row=Inspection%20ID%5D unqte

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh This is a result out of syntax i put on google doc template like this.

<<CONCATENATE(“ShipInspectionReportViewer-539559#control=Unread Inspection Reports 3_Detail&row=”, ENCODEURL(Inspection ID]))>>

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Put this syntax on template and email body, but still returning texts like this.

ShipInspectionReportViewer-539559#control=Unread%20Inspection%20Reports%203_Detail&row=Euro%20Spirit%20-%2002%2F21%2F2018

@tsuji_koichi

I am not sure a deep link works in an email.

I thought you were using the deep link in a Notification.

@Phil and @tsuji_koichi

Constructing a URL like this will work in an Email.
https://www.appsheet.com/start/{AppId}#control=YourViewName
Courtesy of @LeventK

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Ah, make sense. Obviously those expression is not supported for email and attachment body template. I put your expression of linktorow expression for push notification. It worked out!

But i noticed another bug. Will put it into another post, give me a sec.

Top Labels in this Space