Deep link URL

hello, i am trying to create a web address that is a deep link to a form with a field pre-filled.
Can someone help me with the last part of coding the link that gets the field pre filled? I can get the first part to the form working, with www.appsheet.com/start/appid#view=viewname but what do i add on here if i want a column that has a column name of Client Name to be prefilled with the text IGNORE.

Thanks

0 6 3,809
6 REPLIES 6

As far as I know, Appsheet is not preparing parameter for the purpose to prefill into the form. However, I thought you can potentially solve the problem by setting up initial value to your target field.

For instance, if you set the initial value for the target fields as USEREMAIL() OR USERNAME().

URL will open the browser with new entry form, but I suppose the USEREMAIL(), USERNAME() value could be cached, or on cookie, then the same value will be used when the browser opens your new form.

Hello, i actually want to use a simple excel file that will concatenate the values from some of the cells into the deep link url, which means there will be a clickable link that someone can click to take them straight to a form with values pre-filled in that form.

Why do you need to create that in Excel? While you can generate it within appsheet app?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Old thread, but in case anyone else encounters a need to deep link with default values, I found that it can be done. Start with the hyperlink from the OP: www.appsheet.com/start/appid#view=viewname

Then add &defaults=

Followed by the default values in a JSON style format.

โ€ฆ /appid#view=viewname&defaults={"customer_id":"8888","name":"Joe"}

Excel and some other apps would have you escape the quotes with double double quotes.

โ€ฆ /appid#view=viewname&defaults={""customer_id"":""8888"",""name"":""Joe""}

And if the source application youโ€™re using doesnโ€™t like the quotes, spaces and other special characters, you may need to use an encoder or do by hand as follows:

โ€ฆ /appid#view=viewname&defaults=%7B%22customer_id%22%3A%228888%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Joe%22%7D

Finally, you can use this format within AppSheet as an Action alternative to LINKTOFORM(). Instead use the action โ€œExternal: Go to a websiteโ€. The following example uses double double quotes and CONCATENATE to build the deep link with dynamic defaults from table data. The combination makes for some tedious triple double quotes, but it works.

CONCATENATE("https://www.appsheet.com/start/97123456789012345678901234567890829e#view=customer_Form&defaults={""customer_id"":""",[customer_id],""",""name"":""",[name],"""}")

Normally, youโ€™d want to use LINKTOFORM, to jump data from one AppSheet app to another, but that method currently warns the user to sync data first (when offline). If ignoring the warning, the unsynced changes do not appear in the forms/tables when returning to the original app. The data is still waiting to sync and all works as expected after the sync, but when operating offline itโ€™s too confusing and makes the user think the data is lost.

Top Labels in this Space