Delay sending mail using workflow

Hi,

I am trying to load 2 tables using 1 form (using ref column) and hence I want to send out the mail after rows in both tables are added. I have tried putting a condition on workflow where I had created a datetime column (Date Submitted) and tried adding 2 mins to it. I can see that the condition becomes true but it does not send mail because the workflow triggers while adding row to the table, not after some time. Can you suggest me an approach to delay sending mails by 5 mins so that data is loaded by that time.

regards,
Harsh

0 11 893
11 REPLIES 11

Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have that kind of functionality. You could try to use 3 party service for that purpose.

AlexM
Participant V

Would this help? Itโ€™s not a timed delayed but you get the behavior I think youโ€™re looking for

@Aleksi

The best ever idea I was having the same problem in SMS API and also print invoice.
now the problem solved and works perfectly.

just taking a little bit more time for sync.

thanks a lot.

AlexM
Participant V

or this:

@Harsh_Rathore For some reason I saw just the last sentence from your post. As @AlexM proposed, itโ€™s possible to send the parent record when all child records are saved with an additional action.

Thanks @AlexM , @Aleksi,

The approach looks interesting. Can you please give me working example of this approach. For some reason, it does not work for my case. Workflow does not trigger as condition is false.

I havenโ€™t tried that myself yet.
The way I did it is like this but it @Aleksi version is better as it takes out an extra input from the user.

I am not able to achieve this either. Apologies, I am quite new to the AppSheet. Do you have a working example of this approach.

Please check the sample app called โ€œParent Workflowโ€ from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

I will have to check once I am back at my desk - but I believe that I have done this for one of my apps using time conditions on the firing of the process.

I will check and report back!

FYI

This feature is incoming:

Top Labels in this Space