Delayed sync of data

I have an app thats causing me issues where data is being created on a phone but then it might take 1-2 days or more to appear in Google Sheets. Checkout this image

So you can see that Luke created these 3 coloured records at 12:26 on 30/4/2021. Yet based on the creation timestamps of the rows above, these took almost 4 days to arrive in Google Sheets. Also looking underneath it appears they only synced whilst Luke was creating some new records on the 4/5/2021. So my hypothesis are:

1 = On creating those 3 records, he immediately closed the App
2 = He minimised the App, causing the phone to restrict its access to the internet
3 = The data was abducted by aliens, experimented on, then returned to earth 4 days later

Has anyone got an explanation, suggestion or experienced similar?

1 3 156
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

(3) is actually pretty common.

We have definitely experienced number 2 from our users in the field, where some data would not appear until days later when they went to make another change in Appsheet.

We try to train users to make sure their syncs are all complete before leaving for the day. Background syncs work well enough while they use the app, but if they switch apps or put the iPad away they sit in limbo.

3๐Ÿ˜Š

Top Labels in this Space