Delete columns, must remove fromGoogle sheet?

If I delete an app column, do I need to change the google sheet? For instance, I want to use two apps off the same data sheet. One will have a sinigificantly reduced number of colums form the other. Will this work? Thanks!

0 8 256
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

All columns of a worksheet used by a table in AppSheet will occur as columns in the table. There is no way to avoid it.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply. I did not ask my question well. Can I use two different apps off the same data sheet? I would like to use one for some clients and the other for others. I will utilize all of the columns in one and many fewer in the other.

Thanks for your help.

Hank

Yep! This approach is common.

I just ran into an issue. Got an error. The workflows I have set up just went into error. I added a colums towards the beginning of the spreadsheet. After I regenerated I got the errors. I have checked and the column is still there but the title in the Google Sheet is now blue? I have rewritten it and regenerated several tiemes. Still error. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Hank

It is saying:
Workflow rule โ€˜Client Reportโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ AttachmentName template. Expression โ€˜[Employee Name:]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Employee Name:โ€™, did you mean โ€˜Employee Nameโ€™?.

The colum name was not changesd and is still there. The action does not refer to that column either.

Please post screenshots of both the spreadsheet that includes at least the header row of the problem columns, and of the error message displayed by the app editor.

I guess I somehow turned it blue but of course it had no bearing on the error.

Ok Resolution. I somehow deleted a : after the name that threw it all into error.

Thanks,

Hank

Top Labels in this Space