Deleted row continues to show in app

ml16

Hi there, I had to replace some rows in the Google sheet for my app. I took these steps: 1) delete the old rows, add blank rows at the bottom of the sheet, paste in new data. But when the app synced, some of the old rows still show - example rows below. These rows are no longer in the sheet.

I checked for these issues:

I am not sure what is going on or how to troubleshoot. Rows with those column values donโ€™t exist anymore. Any ideas?

0 9 219
9 REPLIES 9

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ml16

You may want to contact Support here:

If this is the view of the App Editor, then I face the same problem repeatedly and the solution in my case is always to reload the browserโ€™s page after the sync, following such change.

Hello @KJS, I suggest you try deleting your browserโ€™s cache and see if that fixes it.

Alternatively, you can try the โ€œSave and verify dataโ€ option on the App Editor

3X_9_3_93a9402f4448289c7f8ded58c752ae1885e3c83f.png

Hi @Rafael_ANEIC-PY,

Of course the issue is related to browserโ€™s cache, and deleting cache will surely work, but it would be a more brutal solution than a simple page refresh, also with its own inconveniences.

I didnโ€™t know about the โ€œSave & verify dataโ€ option, and will surely try it. Thanks much my friend

Yeah, I agree, the cache has been a real pain in the rear for me lately, I was just about to write a post to rant a bit about it haha.

Please do

Thanks for the ideas. I had refreshed the browser a million times and cleared the cache, but I did so again and tried the โ€œSave and Verifyโ€ and Iโ€™ve now located the mysterious rows in the actual Google sheet. So - I am not sure what did it, but I guess problem solved for now. Thanks!

So not an AppSheet problem after all?

Nope, they werenโ€™t there before and they are now, so definitely an AppSheet problem. I am attributing their recovery to โ€œsave and verify,โ€ but I guess I canโ€™t say for sure.

Top Labels in this Space