Dependent dropdown reference which allows adding values?

Hi there!

I don’t if it is possible but if it is then, I need a hand to create a dependent dropdown expression ordered by a/z and which allows to users to add new values even if there is the same value.

Here is the location table which located the references that I want to use in my dropdrowns.

+----------------+-----------+
| PROJECTS | BLOCS |
| DELTA         | A1         |
| DELTA         | A2         |
| DELTA         | A3         |
| BETA          | A1          |
| BETA          | A2          |
| ALFA          | B1          |
| ALFA          | D10        |

Thank you in advance

Hi there,
I inspected almost every related topics but could’t find anything, and feeling little bit lost.
I would really appreciate if you could give an idea please… Thank you in advance…

@Steve @MultiTech_Visions

@a.can Instead of putting your formula into the valid-if space - use the “Suggested Values” field instead.

This functions very similarly to the valid if (in the sense that it allows you to construct a list of values that are acceptable) but it also allows people to add anything they wish to the list - giving you the best of both worlds, in addition to being able to run validations over the value the user selects as well. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time and response, but i think that’s not what I want.

I want to show the user BLOC column which is dependent to PROJECTS, and if there is not a BLOC name in that project, they should create a new value for the BLOC.

As you can see in the table, I want users to create B2 bloc for the ALFA project. Is it possible?