Dependent dropdown reference which allows adding values?

a_can
Participant I

Hi there!

I don’t if it is possible but if it is then, I need a hand to create a dependent dropdown expression ordered by a/z and which allows to users to add new values even if there is the same value.

Here is the location table which located the references that I want to use in my dropdrowns.

+----------------+-----------+
| PROJECTS | BLOCS |
| DELTA         | A1         |
| DELTA         | A2         |
| DELTA         | A3         |
| BETA          | A1          |
| BETA          | A2          |
| ALFA          | B1          |
| ALFA          | D10        |

Thank you in advance

0 3 270
3 REPLIES 3

a_can
Participant I

Hi there,
I inspected almost every related topics but could’t find anything, and feeling little bit lost.
I would really appreciate if you could give an idea please… Thank you in advance…

@Steve @MultiTech_Visions

MultiTech
Participant V

@a.can Instead of putting your formula into the valid-if space - use the “Suggested Values” field instead.

This functions very similarly to the valid if (in the sense that it allows you to construct a list of values that are acceptable) but it also allows people to add anything they wish to the list - giving you the best of both worlds, in addition to being able to run validations over the value the user selects as well.

Thank you for your time and response, but i think that’s not what I want.

I want to show the user BLOC column which is dependent to PROJECTS, and if there is not a BLOC name in that project, they should create a new value for the BLOC.

As you can see in the table, I want users to create B2 bloc for the ALFA project. Is it possible?

Top Labels in this Space