Dependent dropdowns question

I have an application where I need to select an item in a three-level list. That is, one column is the top level and others are formed relative to it. But if you select the lower level, then the upper ones should automatically become relative to the lower level. Initial value does not work well, for example, when I already select something in this column, then when I select something in lower level, nothing happens there. Is it possible to solve this problem somehow?

0 3 186
3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @oddswere

Welcome to the community !

This question has been asked multiple times in the community, you may find an answer among the results here:
https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=dependent%20dropdown

Plus, I suggest you have a look to this post, as it has good advices in it

Let us know if you donโ€™t succeed into it !

I want to find a way to make a field work like an app formula, but at the same time it could be changed depending on other fields because initial value is not suitable

Hi @oddswere

Thatโ€™s different from your initial question, then.

You may want to use a โ€œpick first choiceโ€ column, then โ€œcorrect if not suitableโ€ column, with its initial value set to โ€œfirst choiceโ€ column.

Please have in mind that:

• initial value expression behave as app formula expression, until the user change it manually
  • you may have to use a workaround as described above for you case

Also, with that:

we donโ€™t have enough context for giving you some help. You may want to provide further informations.

Top Labels in this Space