Dependent dropDrown using valid if

HI GUYS

I’m a beginner in appsheets

I want to ask as a beginner …

I made dependent dropdowns using valid if with the state and city columns and its works. but I can only choose one option in the country column, how can I choose 2 or more choices in the country column. is it possible guys? …
thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 19 938
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. @GreenFlux already answered that question. You will then need to change the Valid If expressions I gave as follows:

CABLE UP:

SELECT(
  GARDU[CABLE UP],
  IN([_THISROW].[GROUP], [GROUP])
)

NH FUSE:

SELECT(
  GARDU[NH FUSE],
)

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Change the column type of Country to EnumList.

it’s doesn’t work…

If you don’t provide the values directly (as shown here), then you must enable Allow other values.

2X_d_dda1b75b8d3fccdc7a87643edfd011824c348333.png

Try changing it back to EnumList and turn on Allow other values.

thanks for the answer bro… but it doesn’t work because maybe you haven’t understood my question yet… cause I just took the example of the parable in the question above

this is a valid if display in my application

2X_e_e76c8defd27b23e465cdb70c8c9af2adc37d4be2.png
2X_b_b26f83171adeceece4a8105ffa4cd29e23846316.png
2X_d_dda44a97498e0e37225e9bf65b7580f5e5634686.png
2X_2_20626ee978946ed10735df7bafeb484736200cf4.png
2X_e_ea7ab88ec62f473ccee8edce4e8b658bf5f89cf4.png

if I select “A” in the COLOUM GROUP it will appear in the CABLE UP data coloum from group A cable up (based on the validation data in my spreadsheet image), then if I select one of the CABLE UP coloum options then the NH FUSE coloum will appear ( picture 3)…

my question is
first: how can I make more than 1 choice in the GROUP column, and the data in the CABLE UP column follows the choices in GARDU.

second: (image 4)
how to order in the NH FUSE column the data that appears matches the spreadsheet based on the GROUP selection

hope you can understand my question, and can provide a solution about it…

thanks…

So you asked a question that has nothing to do with what you really want? Why did you choose to be difficult?

yeahh sorry; D I can’t explain my question well so I try with a question that is easier for me to explain and hope to get a little picture of the answer, but it doesn’t work.

I’m guessing you want the user to select a group, then for CABLE UP, CABLE DOWN, and NH FUSE to only show values associated with the chosen group?

Yes exactly… what can i do for it ?

Set the Valid If for the CABLE UP column to the following:

SELECT(
  GARDU[CABLE UP],
  ([_THISROW].[GROUP] = [GROUP])
)

For NH FUSE, should all values for the chosen group be shown, or only those are match both the group and the CABLE UP value?

yes for NH FUSE all values must be shown

Then for the Valid If expression for NH FUSE, try this:

SELECT(
  GARDU[NH FUSE],
  ([_THISROW].[GROUP] = [GROUP])
)

Thanks it’s works… one more question is it possible in the group column I chose more than one choice ?

Yes. @GreenFlux already answered that question. You will then need to change the Valid If expressions I gave as follows:

CABLE UP:

SELECT(
  GARDU[CABLE UP],
)

NH FUSE:

SELECT(
  GARDU[NH FUSE],
)

Thank you so much guys @Steve @GreenFlux it’s works

Is there a way to add…if the entries in a restricted dropdown are shown can you have an +?

I don’t understand your question.

I can get the drop down to work, but can if the users wants to add an entry instead of picking one is that possible? The table I am referencing does have adds allowed

Try using Suggested Values instead of Valid If.

What is “GARDU”?

What does “follow the choices” mean? There are several ways to interpret that.

What does “order in the NH FUSE column the data that appears matches the spreadsheet” mean? Again, I can imagine several interpretations.

Top Labels in this Space