Desktop View?

I have seen mention of a Desktop View in multiple posts around the forum. All I see are Mobile and Tablet view. How do you enable a desktop view?

I am trying to create an app primarily for desktop. Thing like not being able to force the side menu open all the timer is really annoying and not very Desktop UI friendly.

1 16 1,984
  • UX
16 REPLIES 16

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Itโ€™s not possible to force the side menu open all the time.

Why not? It is really counterintuitive on desktop mode to have to open the menu all the time.

What other CMS doesnโ€™t let you have a fixed side menu?

AppSheet is not a CMS.

Fixed side menu is just killing the space availble to the users on the screen, so it is not making much of sense.

How is it not a CMS? It has no other functions other than basic relational CRUD. That is exactly what a data-centric CMS is.

Most of the screen on a 16:9 monitor is wasted anyways, for most applications. Itโ€™s a terrible aspect ratio. Why canโ€™t we have an option to set it to fixed on the desktop view? Seem pretty easy to implement.

Upgrades to desktop only experiences are said to be coming out this year. I believe a fixed side-menu was also mentioned.

Any updates from on this? Is there even an estimated implementation date?

Nope.

Any Updates from the Devs on this?

??? No Update?

Nope.

Any updates? I think this improvement would be very useful for many companies

Work is underway, but I'm unaware of its expected release.

Posting to, hopefully, close off this topic.
Please see  Re: In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community  

Top Labels in this Space