Detail View "Clears" after new row is added

Hi, I have a Deck with a Grouped Action tied to the Row Selected event. The Grouped Action does two things:

1. Add a new record to a different table (an activity logging table). Using this: Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row.
  2. Show a detail view using this: App: go to another view within this app

The Grouped Action works when I select a row in the deck. The record IS logged in the table and the detail view is rendered properly. The PROBLEM is that after a few seconds the Detail View just โ€œclearsโ€ and the view is a blank screen (the data is cleared out). Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Screenshots:

The Deck:
3X_a_7_a7a66825ce4bfc0ed207b41deaa09d9f85a0bf40.png

The Detail view BEFORE it "clears"
3X_c_5_c5994c57dfa92f0424210d41fa2afe7d66940975.png

The Detail view AFTER it "clears"
3X_9_a_9a37706a21bd36d438de06030469a6c61123a817.png

The Actions

3X_6_9_69565db37caf9cee89403ca711436284a35ca6ed.png

Solved Solved
0 4 332
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For what itโ€™s worth I figured out what was happening here. The action Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row caused some Random Number formulas I had set up in the source spreadsheet to recalculate. Those same random numbers what is used to SORT the underlying DECK view I have (I may need to re-visit sorting off of a Random Number formulaโ€ฆthe idea though is to give the user some variability in the results they see). When the Random Numbers recalculated it resorted the deck which โ€˜movedโ€™ the โ€œcurrent rowโ€ apparently which caused the detail view to kind of lose itโ€™s place so-to-speak.

I change the Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row to update a completely separate spreadsheet (so the Random Number recalcโ€™s arenโ€™t triggered in the main source spreadsheet) and the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like the slice might be clearing itself - thatโ€™s why it goes blank?

Thanks for reply @MultiTech_Visions . It does seem to be something like that. I just donโ€™t know why it would be clearing the slice. Iโ€™m not updating any data in the slice that supports the detail view.

It issue seems pretty clearly tied to the FIRST action (updating a row in a different table). When I remove that action the detail view renders just fine and does not โ€˜clearโ€™. Maybe somehow the flow here works out like this:

1. Queue the record to insert to a different table (not actually inserted yet)
  2. Render the detail view (renders okay at this point)
  3. Record queued for insert is actually inserted
  4. Detail view โ€œclearsโ€

Iโ€™m wondering if somehow the Detail view is โ€œreceivingโ€ a response from the Record Insert (in a completely different table) and that response doesnโ€™t correlate with anything the Detail view recognizes (and thus โ€œclearsโ€ out the detail view).

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™ve seen this behavior when a newly-added row the view is displaying becomes unavailable as the data is synced in the background. For instance, if the row was added to a table with a security filter that happens to filter-out that row; or a workflow (which is performed when the data syncs) deletes the row.

For what itโ€™s worth I figured out what was happening here. The action Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row caused some Random Number formulas I had set up in the source spreadsheet to recalculate. Those same random numbers what is used to SORT the underlying DECK view I have (I may need to re-visit sorting off of a Random Number formulaโ€ฆthe idea though is to give the user some variability in the results they see). When the Random Numbers recalculated it resorted the deck which โ€˜movedโ€™ the โ€œcurrent rowโ€ apparently which caused the detail view to kind of lose itโ€™s place so-to-speak.

I change the Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row to update a completely separate spreadsheet (so the Random Number recalcโ€™s arenโ€™t triggered in the main source spreadsheet) and the issue was resolved.

Top Labels in this Space