Dictate form based on user entry

Hi All,

I have a table with Columns GTIN and Level. Each GTIN can have upto 3 level values. I am trying to add a functionality in my form which would ask the user how many levels they want to add. If the user adds 3, it should allow them to add 3 levels for the same GTIN value. If the user adds 2, it should allow user to add 2 level values for same GTIN value and so on. Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks.

0 4 116
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @rishi29, what do you mean by โ€œlevel valuesโ€ exactly?

Does it mean that you need the user to add a variable amount of numbers? you can achieve this in various ways:

• Add aditional columns for all options, and manage their presence using show_ifs
  • Add a new table for storing that information, build it with a reference to your main table so that the user can add as many sub-rows as needed, which can be conditioned using valid_if expressions.

Thank you Rafael for responding. Check out the following table below:

GTIN LEVEL
101 1
101 2
101 3
102 1
102 3

Here 101 GTIN value has 3 levels and 102 GTIN value has 2 levels. I want a functionality where user can add how many number of levels they want to add for GTIN they are working with. So if they enter the value 2, the form would allow the user to add the values in the table twice for the same GTIN.

Hope this gives more clarity

Well, if thatโ€™s the case then mi answer stands, you can have something like this:

GTIN LEVEL LVL 1 LVL 2 LVL 3
101 1 23
102 2 323 123
103 3 43 23 54

Or something like this:

Main table:

GTIN LEVEL Related LVL id
101 1 AOSKDOE9
102 2 AS89DASD,F9SDFS8F
103 3 DQW8EQWE,FSDD9FDS,AS7D8A7SD

Child table

LVL id value
AOSKDOE9 123
AS89DASD 342
F9SDFS8F 2304
DQW8EQWE 5435
FSDD9FDS 6345
AS7D8A7SD 453

The โ€œRelated lvl idโ€ is actually a virtual column that is auto generated by appsheet when you set a reference, i included it in the example just for clarity hehe

That works. But my workflow is a bit different. A user takes GTIN and checks how many levels are there. If there are 3 levels, User should be able to add the form details for each level for the same GTIN. Form has other fields such as height weight etc to be filled for each level. So I would like to prompt a user to add data for the same GTIN depending on the number of levels they added. Hope it makes it clear about the use case.

Top Labels in this Space