Digital Increment Bug

Hello everyone,

I have an app working perfectly for a year now (thank you so much for the amazing product).
But for a week now, I have a bug with one of the columns, which apeard out of the blue.

The app is for time tracking, and when a user fills in the form for the time, he puts in the value for how many hours he spent on a task. That is done with a Decimal column Type, using an increase/decrease step of 0.25 and thus, two decimal digits.

So when the user hits the + sign, he starts from 0 and goes up through

• 0.25 - 0.5 - 0.75 - 1 - 1.25 and so on.
    And this worked perfectly until a week ago when, as you hit the + button it goes through
  • 0.25 - 0.5 - 0.8 - 1.00 - 1 - 1.25 - 1.5 - 1.8 - 2.00 - 2 and so on.

And also when hitting the - button from there back it goes though:

• 2.00 - 2 - 1.75 - 1.5 - 1.3 - 1.25 - 1.00 - 1 - 0.75 - 0.5 - 0.3 - 0.25 - 0.00 - 0

No idea why this is happening. I canโ€™t think of what could have happened on my side, since I havenโ€™t been working on it for a while now, and looking at the way it is set up, everything looks ok but in practice there is this bug.

Any clues?
Thank you

0 8 436
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Clearly a bug. Please notify support@appsheet.com.

Supports response when I submitted this bug was a parsing issue. Then I was asked where you set the increment value soโ€ฆ

Gak!

sameโ€ฆjust sameโ€ฆ

I looked at the ticket. there has been some internal back-and-forth. Itโ€™s going to development as a bug. Lemme know if you donโ€™t hear back in a reasonable amount of time.

If dev is gonna be digging around the increment field maybe they should take a look at this while they are at it too, decent number of votes and its been there for a yr and a half

This was a regression related to a recent attempt to fix a localization issue. We have a fix pending (most likely will be released tomorrow) and increased test coverage to try to prevent this from recurring.

@Austin_Lambeth Agreed on the step size validation, this never made much sense to me either. Iโ€™ll take a closer look.

Had a ticket in about step size and validation where step size or decimal digits fields would determine validity and it would just pick the less precise of the 2 values. Never really had a finalized response on that with support but.

Top Labels in this Space