Disable map details on Dashboard

I am making a dashboard view that among others contain a map, a table and a detail view.

When I click an entry, the details pops up in both the map and the detail view - is there a way to disable this on the map, since I already have a separate detail view on the dashboard?

At the moment, I do not think there is a way to “hide” that detail view. That might be a good Feature request to submit.

However, you can control what is shown by creating your own view for the datasource that is shown.

If you are on a mobile phone device, the map view relies on a Deck view to show details. If you create a Deck view for the same datasource (table or slice) shown on the map, AppSheet will pick that to use instead of the default.

If on a tablet or a desktop/laptop, I believe you can do the same thing with a Detail view - creating your own that the map uses and then you can change what details are shown.

Images showing affect of changes in custom Deck view used by Map

2 Likes

You can create 2 Deck views: One for Browser (empty: no information, no actions) and one for Mobile.
Set the Show if of the Browser to CONTEXT("Host")="Browser".
And the Show if of the Mobile to CONTEXT("Host")="Device".
Because I think with mobile you would like to see the Deck View in the map.

2 Likes

I saw that the Map View sometimes opens a Detail View and sometimes a Deck View, when you click on a Pin. So I tested a little bit. It depends on the Sice of the Browser Window.
But if you like that the Map always opens a Deck view when clicking on a Pin:

• Your Dashboard should have at least 3 views in it
  • The Map view has to be “Tall”
  • The other 2 views can be Tall or Large or Small
1 Like