Disabling related references

aville

Hello,

I want completely delete/disable “related references” in UX. i do not want anybody view or click “related references”
How is it possible?

Solved Solved
1 7 450
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Set the Only if this condition is true expression for the corresponding View Ref action to FALSE:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Switch Show? from ON to OFF.

2X_b_bd8ec80ea7c5f2ba9541b6aa8a6a717cec67e611.png

Hi @Steve today I saw, that when you do this right in the beginning, the View Ref system generated Action will not be created. To create it, you have to turn Show? ON, or give it the expression FALSE. But as soon as it is created, you are not able to delete it. Is this a bug?

What I mean is: You add a Table. AppSheet does not automatically create the REF (because my columns have different naming). Then I manually set the column to a Ref and SHOW? to OFF.
After saving, there will be no system generated View Ref Action.

If the Ref column has Show? set to OFF, the Ref column will never be displayed, so the action will never be needed by the system.

If Show? is set to ON, the column will be displayed, so the action will be needed.

If Show? is set to an expression, the system doesn’t know in advance whether the action will or will not be needed, so it adds the action on the possibility it may be needed. The specifics of the expression aren’t considered.

Not that OFF is not equivalent to the expression, FALSE.

I understand.
So the system generated View Ref action should be deleted when I set the Ref column’s Show? to OFF?
But that does not happen.

I don’t know if the action should be deleted in that case.

aville

yes, and delete or disable this icon in detail view.

2X_0_029d9e5611bcf5e3976f52d9d64b60747757b8f9.png

Set the Only if this condition is true expression for the corresponding View Ref action to FALSE:

Top Labels in this Space