Discord server anyone?

Hey everyone.

Awhile ago I put together a discord server with the intention of creating a hangout spot for appsheet citizen developers - a “water cooler” we could hang around and chat with people when we wanted to shoot the shit.

The community here is okay… but it’s not the same. It’s not an informal hangout, it’s more of a tool. You don’t see people posting memes that they think are funny, or random discussion threads that are completely off topic from anything related to AppSheet (or some kind of integration, or other SaaS, etc.), there’s no chat or voice capabilities… it’s just not the same.

One of the downsides of working from home is the lack of opportunities for socialization. You can’t go and hang-out in someone’s office door for 5 minutes and have a quick chat, there’s no “lunch room” to go and see what people are doing, there’s no smoking area (if you smoke)… all these social interaction areas just don’t exist when you work from home.

And given the current situation , perhaps now more than ever having a digital version of these places would be a good idea and maybe someone will find comfort in it.

2X_4_465daf14f4099bbb3d5bbb4c4dd4dce77ef1da20.gif

7 6 1,786
6 REPLIES 6

Great idea Matt. I’ll for sure join up. Hope to see others there too.

GET TO WORK!
hahahahaa

Need to take a break from working on that AppSheet app?

Why not join the AppSheet Citizen Developers Discord server and hang around a digital water-cooler with other AppSheet enthusiasts.

Hope to see you there.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but for anyone else who's looking for a Discord server, this sounds like a great initiative! Creating a hangout spot for AppSheet citizen developers where you can share memes and have random off-topic discussions is a fantastic idea. Working from home can be isolating, so having a digital space to socialize and connect with like-minded people is crucial. By the way, I recently came across a website where you can buy Discord accounts. Here's the link to it: https://flipd.gg/Forum-Stat-Discord-Accounts. It might be useful if you're looking to expand your Discord experience.

Hey! Is the server still active?

Creating a Discord server for AppSheet enthusiasts sounds like a cool idea. It's true that working from home can sometimes make us miss those casual interactions. Having a digital hangout spot where you can share memes, have off-topic discussions, and just chat can definitely bring a sense of camaraderie. If you're looking to expand your social connections, you might also want to explore options like to buy aged instagram account. One of the best things you can do to your account. It's great to see you're creating a virtual space for like-minded folks to connect and find comfort.

Top Labels in this Space