Display Column Contents with Action View Am ...

Display Column Contents with Action View

Am I missing something? Trying to display an address column contents in a table view with (or without, disabled) an action but all I can get is an icon or no icon. System generated action set to inline shows no text, etcetera.

What I would like is to show_if=Context(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œTViewโ€, having no action associated with the column and only showing for one particular case.

0 3 364
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

I asked a similar question a while back, regarding an App Formula where I wanted to use the name of the current layout in an IF condition. I was told that the layout names were not accessible in the Expression Builder- or at least they werenโ€™t at the time. I hope this feature gets added.

Alternatively, you could create a virtual column with the App Formula =[Address]. Then youโ€™ll have two versions of the same data column.

Format one with the icon and one without.

[EDIT]

I spoke too soon! They have added a CONTEXT() feature!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/116466377064499551355/posts/9m5MKVazaSh

I might have had a typo. Tried Show_If=CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œNameโ€, and is only viewed where the conditional is true.

One caveat โ€” the table view has to decide on its tabular structure across all the rows at one shot. The Show_If conditions are meant to be applied row-by-row. So they are useful to conditionally hide or show things in forms and detail views, but not in a tabular view. For what you are doing, Iโ€™d recommend one of the following:

*) explicitly exclude the columns via the table view definition

*) create a slice that excludes some of the columns and set up the table view on the slice instead of the table

Top Labels in this Space