Display Name formula: Appsheet making reference to a different table

Hello,

I’m using formulas on the “Display name” section in order to make the name dynamic.
The thing is that when I access the formula section, Appsheet indicates that the columns I’m trying to use are invalid and that I should use another set of columns… that belong to a different table.

In here we can see that I’m on the DailyLimit table, however Appsheet consider as valid the columns from the Client table.

Note: These two tables are not directly connected so I cannot do a workaround but still, I believe this shouldn’t be the right behaviour.

Any got a suggestion on where I can look to fix this addressing?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 144
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’re editing the display name of a view. The display name of a view is generated without any awareness of the data displayed within the view, so you cannot reference columns directly as you are attempting.

In effect, a view’s display name cannot reflect the specific data displayed in the view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’re editing the display name of a view. The display name of a view is generated without any awareness of the data displayed within the view, so you cannot reference columns directly as you are attempting.

In effect, a view’s display name cannot reflect the specific data displayed in the view.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Top Labels in this Space