Display Name: possible to sum current view?

I have a table view list of projects with amounts, grouped by Quarter>Month>Week.

Is it possible to write an expression that totals only the current view amounts in the Display Name?

Something Like this:
SUM(SELECT(Projects[Actuals], [Actuals]=CurrentView))

It would need to be dynamic in that the Display Name total would reflect only the qtr/mo/week being viewed.

Thanks in advance for your time!

I don’t think so. Expressions have no awareness of the currently-displayed grouping.

1 Like

@Neal_MF_Harper Are you able to take a printscreen from that situation and where do you want to sum those values?

Table groups with Quarter > Month > Week as seen in snapshots, I’m looking to total the [ACTUALS] amount for each group in the display name header. I can get the over all total to display but cannot determine a way to filter it down by month/week. I’m afraid Steve may be right, any work around suggestions?

Thanks!

Actually it’s doable with three virtual columns. Not a “light” way, but doable. Instead of using aggregate value, you could show the virtual column with the sum. For example the VirtualQuarter column could have an appformula [QUARTER]&" $"&SUM(SELECT(Table[ACTUALS],[QUARTER]=[_THISROW].[QUARTER])). The string would be the same for all records that has the same quarter value and then it will group it. The same with Month and Week.

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea, looking forward to trying it out!

You’re welcome