Display Names of VIEWs. By activating 'Show v...

(Geoff Ringent) #1

Display Names of VIEWs. By activating 'Show view name in header" under UX/Options i am able to supply user friendly names for the views in my app …all expect ONE

… the ‘in-line’ view created by system to show the ‘related data’ in a one-to-many table relationship.

Does anybody know how i can provide a ‘Display Name’ for this view … in my case the system has generated it with the name ‘tblFare_Inline’?

Thanks!

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

You need to create your own inline view where you can name it as you want.

(Geoff Ringent) #3

Thanks for the tip Aleksi … but in my situation the ‘in-line’ view has been created by the system when i declare a one-to-many relationship between two tables.

After declaring the foreign key as REF the system builds a new virtual column in the parent table and an ‘in-line’ view under system views.

While i certainly can copy that view …and do what i like with it … it no longer knows about the ‘related child table’ column in the parent table and so that ‘related table in-line view’ disappears from the app.

I have tried copying and deleting the system generated in-line view and renaming my

copy the same … but it is not linked to the virtual related table column any more.

Is there a way to link which view is attached to the ‘related table rows’ column??

Thanks.

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

If you create a table view for that table and choose the position as ref, it should “overwrite” the system generated inline view and show your view instead of.

(Geoff Ringent) #5

Great! … thankyou.

(Aleksi Alkio) #6

You’re welcome