Display Names of VIEWs. By activating 'Show v...

Display Names of VIEWs. By activating 'Show view name in header" under UX/Options i am able to supply user friendly names for the views in my app …all expect ONE

… the ‘in-line’ view created by system to show the ‘related data’ in a one-to-many table relationship.

Does anybody know how i can provide a ‘Display Name’ for this view … in my case the system has generated it with the name ‘tblFare_Inline’?

Thanks!

0 18 659
18 REPLIES 18

You need to create your own inline view where you can name it as you want.

Thanks for the tip Aleksi … but in my situation the ‘in-line’ view has been created by the system when i declare a one-to-many relationship between two tables.

After declaring the foreign key as REF the system builds a new virtual column in the parent table and an ‘in-line’ view under system views.

While i certainly can copy that view …and do what i like with it … it no longer knows about the ‘related child table’ column in the parent table and so that ‘related table in-line view’ disappears from the app.

I have tried copying and deleting the system generated in-line view and renaming my

copy the same … but it is not linked to the virtual related table column any more.

Is there a way to link which view is attached to the ‘related table rows’ column??

Thanks.

If you create a table view for that table and choose the position as ref, it should “overwrite” the system generated inline view and show your view instead of.

Great! … thankyou.

You’re welcome

You might want to disable the ability to let users type in a value into that Display Name field, and state why, with a suggestion to make their own by copying it.

Did you notice that you’re replying to a very old thread? It appears that when this thread was created, the “Display Name” field, wasn’t yet implemented in the platform (or so I assume since it was not mentioned by Aleksi)

Or why do you suggest disabling this or warning about this?

Hi @Marc_Dillon, I got confused on this.

Is the option to show or not to show view name in header has moved somewhere?
I used to have it (maybe last week), but now it seems missing or maybe I am completely is confused.

EDIT:

I was confusing, its was moved to UX>Brand:

2X_c_cbe3755709876144e7691fa37ecc50b5fef7bf9f.png

The problem its that it will not show the title/display name of a view that is system generated, even if you specify the title/display name. I think its bad design either way, although I want to be able to have the ability to have a title/display name as to keep the application easy to navigate and follow.

It seems I am able to change it, just put a display name and that’s it. Is this the issue or something else?

But it will not show when the app itself is in operation/its running.

I am still able to see it on my handphone. Is there a specific conditions that prevent me to reproduce the issue?

Because it was something I came across when I was searching on the topic of displaying the title of Views. I thought it relevant and not worthy (yet) worthy of a separate discussion thread. I will wait and see if the Appsheet Staff respond and how.

I can also confirm that specified Display Names are visible in the app on my phone, for system-generated views.

@aucforum make sure you force a sync in the app everytime you make a change.

Hi experts,

I could not find 'Show view name in header" under UX/Options. Please help me how to activate 'Show view name in header" under UX/Options. Please find a screenshot of my App editor.

Thanks in advance

it is UX pane, Brand tab.

Hi Tsuji Koichi san,

Thanks a lot. I fixed it with your prompt answer.

Stay healthy and good day~

My pleasure.

Top Labels in this Space