Display rule is not reading all the data in the table

The table NAME has a column called [Email] and there are 6 rows with data.

The display rule is:

IN(useremail(), NAME [Email])

When I test it, it only sees the first 4 emails. This rule used to work well for me before so Iโ€™m thinking this may be a bug?

Any tips much appreciated!

Magdalena

Solved Solved
0 6 153
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YES! that was the mistake. The wrong column was marked as the Key. Thatโ€™s why it was not pulling all the data.

Marc, thank you thank you thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What do you mean by โ€œdisplay ruleโ€?

How are you testing it, and why do you think it only sees the first 4 emails?

I mean a display formula in a Ux view.

Iโ€™m using the test formula function. It shows me for which emails the formula is true/false. This matches when Iโ€™m observing when testing different email addresses.

Does that make sense?

Thank you!

Sure that makes sense. But still, why do you think it is only seeing the first 4 emails? Can you show a screenshot?

Hi Marc, thank you for the reply.

I click Test on the Display formula. In the results, I only see 4 emails listed when the table has 6.

The other reason I know is that I use the option Preview App as one of the emails thatโ€™s missing and I donโ€™t see the right UX view.

Any clues? Thank you!

What do you see here?

Alternatively, if you just enter Users 21Q3[email] into an expression somewhere (like a temporary VC), what is the result?

You say there are 6 emails in this Table, if the App only โ€œseesโ€ 4, than I would suspect perhaps the other 2 records donโ€™t have a valid/unique/non-blank Key value.

YES! that was the mistake. The wrong column was marked as the Key. Thatโ€™s why it was not pulling all the data.

Marc, thank you thank you thank you!

Top Labels in this Space