Display time in 24 hr format

Seems there’s been several asks about this, but no actual feature request.

It would be nice to be able to show a timestamp in 24 hr format - without having to manually create it inside a separate field.

As always, thanks for considering! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Status Open
6 4 131
4 Comments
Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Indeed. This should be basic optional selection to us, but actually we are missing. Thanks you for taking this up for vote, bro.

Arthur_Rallu
Staff

I’d like to understand a little bit more here.
It is possible to show 24-hr format if your locale is set to one that prescribes this behavior. Knowing you two as AppSheet power users, I assume you already know that and that you’re asking to over-ride this behavior.
So even if the locale is US on a user’s Chrome browser, you want to be able to over-ride this to show 15h34 instead of 3:34pm. If that’s correct, why do you want to do that when app users have chosen their own preference in their browser or mobile device settings?

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

Let’s think about a hypothetical in a way separated from AppSheet, to help make my point.

If I was making a website targeted to active military personnel, and there were schedules included, regardless of how the user has their device setup I would want to display times in 24hr format.

• There’s xyz reasons why (maybe they’re accessing the site from an office computer, or a friends phone, etc.), but it’s really because of all the other scenarios that we can’t think of.
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager